Shop 2/76 Woodlark St, Lismore, NSW 2480
A MINUTE WITH
When did you start your business?
What inspired you to start your business?
I have always had a love of spices and Mexican culture and started creating my own spice mix. I found it hard to buy quality bulk spices locally and that's when the little spice seed was planted! I sat and thought about other things in life I'm passionate about and came up with spices, all things Mexican, creating unique pieces of furniture and of course tea! I also needed a name for my business. One day my young daughter showed me a picture she had just drawn, I asked her to tell me about it, " Mummy its the fox's palace" Ding! With her permission it became my business name because anything can come out of The Fox's Palace.
What do you love about your business?
I love that every day is different. I love the customers that come in to the shop and the conversations to go with that. I get to create every day!
What little thing in life gives you joy?
Cooking is my meditation. I love when I have time to create a dish whether it's a simple or complex dish. I love creating using herbs and spices, the aromas can take me anywhere in the world.
How do you recharge your batteries?
I live on a farm so I love nothing more to sit in the morning sun listening to the wonderful sounds that surround me and just be.
What's your favourite Tielka tea?
Very much the Cacao and Chilli Chai
TIELKA PRODUCTS AVAILABLE AT THE FOX'S PALACE
- Fairtrade Organic Tielka Breakfast Black Tea
- Fairtrade Organic Earl Royale Black Tea
- Fairtrade Organic Cacao and Chilli Chai Black Tea
- Fairtrade Organic South Cloud Chai Black Tea
- Fairtrade Organic Peppermint Leaf Herbal Infusion
- Fairtrade Organic Lemon Ginger Herbal Infusion
- Fairtrade Organic Persian Mint Chai Green Tea
- Fairtrade Organic Moonlight White Tea
- Fairtrade Organic Midnight Blossom Oolong Tea